{
  "@context": "http://iiif.io/api/presentation/3/context.json",
  "id": "https://mymanifests.com/catholicarchives/manifests/capuchins/glass-plate-photographic-and-lantern-slide-collection/64849.json",
  "type": "Manifest",
  "label": {
    "en": [
      "Blackamoor Lane Friary Church, Cork"
    ]
  },
  "rights": "https://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/",
  "requiredStatement": {
    "label": {
      "en": [
        "Rights"
      ]
    },
    "value": {
      "en": [
        "Copyright held by the respective institution. Contact the archive for reproduction permissions."
      ]
    }
  },
  "items": [
    {
      "id": "https://www.baimages.ie/iiif/2/TcapuchinsTglass-plate-photographic-and-lantern-slide-collectionT64849.jpg/full/max/0/default.jpg/canvas/1",
      "type": "Canvas",
      "width": 1583,
      "height": 1475,
      "items": [
        {
          "id": "https://www.baimages.ie/iiif/2/TcapuchinsTglass-plate-photographic-and-lantern-slide-collectionT64849.jpg/full/max/0/default.jpg/canvas/1/annotationpage/1",
          "type": "AnnotationPage",
          "items": [
            {
              "id": "https://www.baimages.ie/iiif/2/TcapuchinsTglass-plate-photographic-and-lantern-slide-collectionT64849.jpg/full/max/0/default.jpg/canvas/1/annotation/1",
              "type": "Annotation",
              "motivation": "painting",
              "body": {
                "id": "https://www.baimages.ie/iiif/2/TcapuchinsTglass-plate-photographic-and-lantern-slide-collectionT64849.jpg/full/max/0/default.jpg",
                "type": "Image",
                "format": "image/jpeg",
                "width": 1583,
                "height": 1475,
                "service": [
                  {
                    "id": "https://www.baimages.ie/iiif/2/TcapuchinsTglass-plate-photographic-and-lantern-slide-collectionT64849.jpg",
                    "type": "ImageService2",
                    "profile": "level2"
                  }
                ]
              },
              "target": "https://www.baimages.ie/iiif/2/TcapuchinsTglass-plate-photographic-and-lantern-slide-collectionT64849.jpg/full/max/0/default.jpg/canvas/1"
            }
          ]
        }
      ]
    }
  ],
  "metadata": [
    {
      "label": {
        "en": [
          "Level of description"
        ]
      },
      "value": {
        "en": [
          "Item"
        ]
      }
    },
    {
      "label": {
        "en": [
          "Date"
        ]
      },
      "value": {
        "en": [
          "c.1900"
        ]
      }
    },
    {
      "label": {
        "en": [
          "Reference"
        ]
      },
      "value": {
        "en": [
          "48"
        ]
      }
    },
    {
      "label": {
        "en": [
          "Extent and medium"
        ]
      },
      "value": {
        "en": [
          "Glass Plate Negative; 8 cm x 8 cm"
        ]
      }
    },
    {
      "label": {
        "en": [
          "Scope and content"
        ]
      },
      "value": {
        "en": [
          "A view of the site of the former Capuchin church in Cork known as the ‘South Friary’, situated on Blackamoor Lane. With a cover annotation which reads ‘Fr. Theobald Mathew’s old church, Cork’. By the early eighteenth century the Capuchins had established a permanent residence in the South Parish of Cork city and by 1741 had built a small Friary on Blackamoor Lane situated between O’Sullivan’s Quay and Cove Street. The small chapel in the photograph was built by Fr. Arthur O’Leary OSFC (1729-1802) in 1771. It subsequently became known as the ‘South Friary’. During the first half of the nineteenth century Cork city underwent a rapid expansion in both geographical size and population. It soon became apparent that the Friary Church on Blackamoor Lane was not sufficient to meet the demands of a growing congregation. In the 1820s Fr. Theobald Mathew OSFC (1790-1856) moved to build a larger church in a more convenient location on Charlotte Quay. The Friary Church on Blackamoor Lane was eventually closed on 6 October 1850. The building soon fell into disrepair."
        ]
      }
    },
    {
      "label": {
        "en": [
          "Repository"
        ]
      },
      "value": {
        "en": [
          "Irish Capuchin Archives"
        ]
      }
    },
    {
      "label": {
        "en": [
          "Context"
        ]
      },
      "value": {
        "en": [
          "Irish Capuchin Archives > Glass Plate Negative and Lantern Slide Collection > Annotated and Captioned Photographic Plates"
        ]
      }
    }
  ],
  "summary": {
    "en": [
      "A view of the site of the former Capuchin church in Cork known as the ‘South Friary’, situated on Blackamoor Lane. With a cover annotation which reads ‘Fr. Theobald Mathew’s old church, Cork’. By the early eighteenth century the Capuchins had established a permanent residence in the South Parish of Cork city and by 1741 had built a small Friary on Blackamoor Lane situated between O’Sullivan’s Quay and Cove Street. The small chapel in the photograph was built by Fr. Arthur O’Leary OSFC (1729-1802"
    ]
  },
  "thumbnail": [
    {
      "id": "https://www.baimages.ie/iiif/2/TcapuchinsTglass-plate-photographic-and-lantern-slide-collectionT64849.jpg/full/200,/0/default.jpg",
      "type": "Image",
      "format": "image/jpeg"
    }
  ],
  "navDate": "1900-01-01T00:00:00Z"
}